Cambridge Enterprise was established to aid the transfer of knowledge from the University through commercialisation. Our mission is to achieve this through intellectual property management and licensing, investment in University spin-outs and consultancy management and advice.
Cambridge Enterprise exists to help the University of Cambridge’s innovators, experts and entrepreneurs make their ideas more commercially successful for the benefit of society, the economy, the individual and the University.
We aim to:
- aid the transfer of knowledge from the University via commercialisation by helping staff and students to make their ideas more commercially successful
- ensure that society and the economy benefit from commercialisation stemming from the University
- build strong relationships with University academics to encourage the disclosure of ideas, know-how and inventions, and offer cooperative management, guidance and support of the most promising innovations
- produce a financial return for inventors, departments and the University
- be an attractive partner for industry and investors to take University ideas forward through commercial channels.
Image: The Hauser Forum.