Find a consultant
Connecting academics and industry
Cambridge Enterprise offers an important and effective consultancy service which enables the University to share its knowledge with government, industry and the public sector, and make a direct impact on society.
Our goal is to make the process of consultancy easier for academics and for the organisations in need of their expertise. Our service covers the administrative issues associated with consultancy projects, including negotiation of contract terms and conditions, invoicing, debt collection, income distribution and the arrangements for use of University facilities.
While we work primarily with researchers who have already been contacted by potential consultancy clients, we are happy to use our networks and experience to help organisations find a consultant.
The University of Cambridge has many specialist facilities embedded throughout its departments, from High Performance Computing to mass spectrometry labs. External clients can make use of these facilities through a consultancy contract with Cambridge Enterprise. This may involve contracting with a University expert. For example, an academic consultant could carry out analysis on a client’s samples and provide the client with the raw data and a report on the results.
Projects we’ve undertaken
- Technical and creative solutions to specific business problems
- Provision of expert reports on technical, economic and commercial issues
- Expert witness advice
- Serving on scientific advisory boards
- Managed access to University technical facilities
- Reviews of government strategy and policies
- Art restoration and social housing assessments
- Development of bespoke training programmes
- Provision of advice for and appearance in film and TV documentaries
Get in touch
If you are seeking a Cambridge expert or would like to use University facilities, contact us.
Image: Courtesy the University of Cambridge, all rights reserved.