The following represents Cambridge Enterprise’s work for the financial year from 1 August 2014 to 31 July 2015. For detailed information on our performance please see our 2015 annual review.
Income, costs and investments
- Income from knowledge and technology transfer – £27.7 million
- Distributions to academics, the University and others – £22.5 million
- Costs (staff and other operating costs) – £3.3 million
- Investment in patent assets (patent and proof of concept) – £1 million
- Charitable donation made to the University – £3.4 million
Our achievements this year
- 359 consultancy contracts signed
- 141 new technology disclosures
- 159 new patent filings
- £6.5 million translational funding won with the support of Cambridge Enterprise
- 13 companies receiving new or follow-on investment
Cambridge Enterprise currently manages close to 1,000 active IP, licensing and consultancy projects and more than 65 equity contracts, working with more than 1,458 researchers at all stages of the commercialisation process.
Image: Microchip hotplate designed by Cambridge CMOS Sensors.