The following represents some highlights of Cambridge Enterprise’s work for the financial year from 1 August 2015 to 31 July 2016. For further information on our performance please see our 2016 Annual Review.
Income, costs and investments
- Income from knowledge and technology transfer: £22.5 million
- Distributions to academics, the University and others: £18.4 million
- Costs (staff and other operating costs): £3.8 million
- Investment in IP assets (patent and proof of concept): £792,000
Our achievements this year
- 200 consultants provided expertise to 245 clients
- 127 commercial and research licences signed
- £35.3 million in translational funding won with the support of Cambridge Enterprise
- 14 companies received new or follow-on investment totalling £5.3 million
Cambridge Enterprise currently manages 1,473 active IP, licensing and consultancy projects and more than 74 equity contracts, working with more than 1,605 researchers at all stages of the commercialisation process.