The following represents Cambridge Enterprise’s work for the financial year from 1 August 2013 to 31 July 2014. For detailed information on our performance please see our annual review 2014.
Income, costs and investments
- Income from knowledge and technology transfer – £16.5 million
- Distributions to academics, the University and others – £14.7 million
- Costs (staff and other operating costs) – £3.1 million
- Investment in patent assets (patent and proof of concept) – £1 million
Our achievements this year
- 268 consultancy contracts signed
- 124 new technology disclosures
- 239 new patent filings
- £7.5 million raised in proof of concept and follow-on funding to assist inventors
- 11 companies receiving new or follow-on investment
Cambridge Enterprise currently manages close to 1,000 active IP, licensing and consultancy projects and more than 60 equity contracts, working with more than 1,320 researchers at all stages of the commercialisation process.
Image: Microchip hotplate designed by Cambridge CMOS Sensors.