Cambridge Enterprise holds a series of events throughout the academic year, providing information and training on several aspects of the commercialisation process, including information on intellectual property (IP), how-to workshops on company creation and consultancy, and Q&A sessions with industry experts. These events are open to all University academics and staff.
If you would like Cambridge Enterprise to host an event for your University department or research group, or would be interested in having a speaker from Cambridge Enterprise at your next event, please email us.
Are you a Cambridge postdoc working on innovative research? Do you have a great business idea? Are you looking to start a company or join an entrepreneurial team?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the above, then the Postdoc Business Plan Competition is the ideal platform for you.
- Date: Wednesday 1st May 2019
- Time: 6-8pm (pizza and refreshments provided)
- Location: The Eastwood Room, OPdA Postdoc Centre, Mill Lane.
The event will include:
- A walk-through of the application process with advice and guidance on what judges shall be looking for in your submission.
- Speeches from previous winners and competition entrants, with their take on what the competition was like and how it helped them progress with their entrepreneurial endeavours.
- A networking reception to meet and exchange ideas with like-minded postdocs.
- Representatives from Cambridge Enterprise and Entrepreneurial Postdocs of Cambridge (EPoC) shall be in attendance during the event, to answer any of the questions you might have.
Advice and guidance on how to convert research ideas into real world business opportunities
Are you a postdoc engaged in innovative research? Are you looking to start a company? Perhaps you’ve got an idea, but you need help getting it down on paper?
If so, Cambridge Enterprise and The Entrepreneurial Postdocs of Cambridge (EPoC) shall be hosting a workshop on the skills you will need to get your idea off the ground.
The workshop shall be run by Adelina Chalmers a.k.a. “The Geek Whisperer”. Adelina helps Cambridge University start-ups secure millions of pounds of investment and specialises in helping researchers become entrepreneurs.
- Date: Wednesday 15th May, 2019
- Time: 5.30-7.30pm (catering provided)
- Location: Lecture Room 1 & 2, IfM, West Cambridge.
What the workshop will cover:
- The dos and don’ts of writing a business plan
- How do decide for yourself if this is a business with real potential
- If applying to competition: what the judges will want to see in your application and why.
This workshop is held in conjunction with the 2019 Postdoc Business Plan Competition and participants will find this event useful if planning to enter the competition or as a standalone event.