Consultancy 101 workshop
Consultancy 101 explains why consulting can be a great way to share research knowledge and provides advice for academics and researchers who plan to carry out a consultancy project for an external organisation.
Are you considering becoming a consultant? Perhaps you are already consulting, but want to find out how to work more effectively, get the best price for your skills or discover how to simplify your administrative work?
Cambridge Enterprise is delighted to offer a half-day training course to academics and researchers of the University. We will share expertise on best practice, tips on making life easier and troubleshoot some of the key issues consultants encounter.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop your skills. The workshop will offer a refresher for those already acting as consultants, and an introduction for those considering consultancy in the near future.
What the workshop covers:
- the benefits and impact of undertaking consultancy work
- key issues surrounding confidentiality, intellectual property and liability
- how Cambridge Enterprise can help you undertake consultancy more effectively
- a panel of consultants from the University sharing their experience, followed by a Q&A session
- a networking lunch with Cambridge Enterprise trainers and panel speakers.
Next workshop: Thursday 26th March — register here!
The next Consultancy 101 workshop will take place on Thursday 26th March. You can register here to reserve your space, or alternatively, you can email us to add yourself to the list of attendees. We will notify you once your space has been confirmed.
*We welcome applications from anyone currently employed by the University. For this reason, undergraduates are not eligible to attend. PhD students are eligible if they plan to undertake consultancy work on behalf of their Principal Investigator (we will need to see written permission).