Innovations Partnership Scheme (IPS)The Innovations
The Innovations Partnership Scheme (IPS) is designed to transfer technology and expertise developed through STFC funding to the marketplace in partnership with industry and other academic disciplines. STFC technology or expertise must be integral to the project. The technology or expertise can be developed with STFC funding at UK higher education institutes, STFC laboratories, CERN, ESRF and ESO (European Southern Observatory).
IPS projects can vary in length up to three years, with funding for a maximum project value of £150k per annum, over a period not exceeding three years.
IPS closing dates are every four months.
Applicants are strongly advised to read the Guidance Notes and are encouraged to contact the office to discuss proposals.
- For help with Je-S, please contact the Je-S helpdesk.
- The STFC office can provide help and support on IPS grant applications. Please contact Ling Xu.
In 2019, there will be two calls for applications. Each call will close at 16:00.
|KE February 2019||IPS||1 Jan 2019||19 February 2019|
|KE July 2019||IPS||25 May 2019||26 July 2019|
How to Apply
Applications must come through the Je-S system.
In addition to a completed proforma, further documentation must be uploaded as separate pdf documents, these include:
- Six page case for support (Mandatory)
- One page Gantt chart (Mandatory)
- Data Management Plan (Mandatory)
- Letter of Support from Technology Transfer Office (Mandatory)
- Letter of Support from Project Partner (Mandatory)
- Letters of Support from organisations interested in the project (Recommended)
- Covering Letter (Optional)
Applications will be rejected that do not follow mandatory Case for Support headings – see guidance notes (PDF, 386 KB)revised in August 2018.
All documentation must be submitted by the closing date. We cannot add any extra information that arrives after this date. Any additional documents such as CVs, extra results, pathways to impact statements, list of publications etc. will be removed and not sent for review.
- For help with Je-S, please contact the Je-S helpdesk
- The STFC office provides advice and support to prepare Follow-on Fund applications. Please contact Ling Xu.