Translation Awards aim to progress the development of novel, innovative technologies towards benefits to human cardiovascular health. The scheme supports the development of technologies with transformative potential from the proof-of-concept stage to being ready for the commercial market.
Proposals are expected to demonstrate a strong intellectual property position and a development proposition that could attract follow-on investment.
Who can apply
- The principal investigator will be a researcher working in an established research institution in the UK.
- Individuals or teams from commercial organisations can apply as collaborators.
Level of funding
- Up to £750,000 with clearly defined progression milestones. Applicants should note that continued funding will be subject to the achievement of the relevant milestones.
- Up to 3 years.
November 2020 round
- Preliminary application deadline – 14th September 2020 (submit through Flexi-Grant® from January 2020)
- Full application deadline – 14th September 2020 (submit through Flexi-Grant® from January 2020)
Applications must be received by 17:00 on the deadline date. Late submissions will not be considered. We will acknowledge receipt of your application within 48 hours and advise when you can expect the result.