LINK supports collaborative research projects between at least one company and one academic partner. At least 50% of the full project cost comes from industry. Applications should be for pre-competitive research that would not be undertaken in this form without LINK support. Funding is only available for organisations eligible for BBSRC support.
Partners must agree ownership and exploitation of intellectual property arising from the project at the outset. An appropriate management framework must be in place with defined scientific and commercial deliverables.
- The project involves collaborative research with at least one company and one research-base partner
- Overall Government support for a project is no more than 50%
- The application is for research that is pre-competitive in nature
- Arrangements for ownership and exploitation of intellectual property arising from the project have been agreed by the partners
- The project has an appropriate management framework and both the scientific and commercial deliverables are clearly defined
More information can be found here.