We are delighted to share the names of this year's finalists in our Postdoc Business Plan Competition.
Despite the stressful and logistically difficult circumstances this year, we received very high calibre submissions. The judges are pleased to send six teams through to the final round.
We would like to offer a big thank you to all those who participated.
The postdoctoral researchers, and their affiliations, are:
- Camadhere led by David Barrett (Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy)
- Cambridge Detectors led by Miguel Anaya (Department of Physics)
- CelluNan led by Lukas Schertel (Department of Chemistry)
- GlycoVue led by Gita Khalili Moghaddam (Department of Clinical Neurosciences)
- REAVIS led by Yuanbo Deng (Department of Engineering)
- Stroma Biosciences led by Eugene Park (Department of Haematology)
The Grand Finale will be held, online, on Thursday 12 November. At the event the six finalists will pitch their business plans to an audience of experts in spin-out investment.
The judges include Anne Dobrée, Head of Seed Funds at Cambridge Enterprise, Maximilian Ge, President of the Entrepreneurial Postdocs of Cambridge, Carol Cheung, Principal at Cambridge Innovation Capital, and Keith Blundy, Member of the Cambridge Enterprise Investment Committee.
The finalists’ pitches will be judged on a number of criteria, including each business’s competitive position, the potential for new business creation, and each team’s collective skill set.
The competition is sponsored by Taylor Vinters.
Up to three prizes will be awarded.
- First Prize: £20,000 investment sponsored by Cambridge Enterprise
- Second Prize: £10,000 investment sponsored by Cambridge Enterprise
- Third Prize: £5,000 cash sponsored by Cambridge Innovation Capital.
With special thanks to ideaSpace for providing all six finalists with part-time membership for up to two people for 12 months.
If you entered but didn’t make it through to the finals, we hope you have learned from your mentors and that the process has helped you in moving your business idea forward.
Congratulations to all the finalists. We’ll see you at the grand finale. Good luck!
Tags: Camadhere, Cambridge Detectors, CelluNan, CIC, entrepreneurial postdocs of cambridge, EPOC, finalists, GlycoVue, postdoc business plan competition, REAVIS, Stroma Biosciences