Experts & Mentors Programme – Terms & Conditions
The Cambridge Enterprise Experts & Mentors Programme is for professionals who want to share their experience and knowledge, to assist Cambridge Enterprise in supporting University staff and students to commercialise their expertise and ideas for the benefit of the global community. Please read the Experts & Mentors section of our website to learn more about the Programme.
Terms & Conditions for joining the programme can be found below.
The Cambridge Enterprise Experts & Mentors Programme is open to:
- Experienced entrepreneurs or professionals who wish to share their knowledge to support academic entrepreneurs and spin-out companies
- People with specific expertise e.g. in a sector or business skill
Applications to participate in the Cambridge Enterprise Experts and Mentors Programme may be made via the online application form
Applicants for the programme are requested to submit the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- LinkedIn profile URL (if available), or brief career summary
- Personal website (if applicable)
Applications will be reviewed internally by Cambridge Enterprise. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by email.
Once accepted, experts and mentors may participate in the programme for a period of up two years. After two years, participants will need to reapply to the programme.
The two-year period starts on the date of the acceptance email sent to the participant by the Mentors Team.
For everyone to gain most value from the programme, participants are expected to:
- Offer their services free of charge
- Agree to be contacted by Cambridge Enterprise in connection with the Experts & Mentors Programme, including potentially relevant mentoring opportunities and communications relating to the Programme
- Provide at least an hour of their time, but may be more subject to prior agreement between the two participants in the interaction
- Take part in the programme for a period of two years
- Provide Cambridge Enterprise with detailed information about their skills and experience
The frequency of contact from Cambridge Enterprise will depend on your expertise and experience and on our requirements.
Cambridge Enterprise reserve the right to cancel the programme at any point. Cambridge Enterprise may also ask any participant to leave the programme at any point if they feel that the participant does not meet the expectations of the programme or behaves in way that does not align with Cambridge Enterprise’s values.
Participants are normally expected to participate in the programme for a period of two years, however participants may withdraw from the programme at any time by notifying Cambridge Enterprise of their intention to withdraw in writing by email or by post to Mentors Team, Cambridge Enterprise Ltd, Hauser Forum, 3 Charles Babbage Road, Cambridge CB3 0GT.
How we use your personal information
If you have any further questions about the Experts & Mentors Programme, please get in touch.