Inventions, IP and licensing
Revenue sharing opt-in
Cambridge Enterprise handles the sharing of licensing revenue with inventors and departments. In the table below, net income is income less expenditure on:
- all reasonable expenses paid outside the University and Cambridge Enterprise, including patent agent fees, for the filing prosecution and maintenance of intellectual property rights
- all reasonable external legal fees incurred in the commercialisation of the intellectual property
- all reasonable external legal fees expended on litigation
- all reasonable expenditure on insurance relating to the maintenance and enforcement of intellectual property rights
- any revenue due to third parties, such as sponsors
- any other expenditure that is agreed upon the inventors (for example, some types of proof of concept funds)
Cambridge Enterprise distributes income equally to inventors and other relevant creators identified by the inventors, unless advised otherwise in writing.
|Net income (opt in)||Inventor(s)||Department(s)||University|
Allocation of equity in new companies is determined on a case by case basis.
Revenue sharing opt-out
Assignment of rights is conditional on your reimbursing Cambridge Enterprise any patent or other direct costs specific to the invention.
|Net income (opt out)||Inventor(s)||Department(s)||University|