European Chemical Industry Council: Various Calls
Through its Long-range Research Initiative, the European Chemical Industry has tendered for research in the following areas:
• Critical review of epidemiological evidence for the potential association between endocrine active chemical and obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Award funding: €100,000 over 4-5 months.
• Contribution of dust to human exposure. Award funding: €350,000 over two years.
• Development of an alternative testing strategy for the fish early life-stage test –OECD 210. Award funding: €500,000 over three years.
• Development of an in silico model of dermal absorption. Award funding: €500,000 over three years.
• Development of an integrated approach to predict internal exposure to chemicals. Award funding: €300,000 over two years.
• Foresight study on introduction of new technologies – the case of nanotechnology. Award funding: €150,000 over one year.
• Mechanistic bioaccumulation models for ionogenic organic substances in fish. Award funding: €300,000 over two years.
• Towards more ecologically realistic assessment of chemicals in the environment. Award funding: €500,000 and €700,000 over 3-4 years.
These awards are fixed-price contracts between the Council and the awardee.
Eligibility: Applicants should provide an indication of additional partners and funding opportunities that can be leveraged as part of their proposal.